Monday, October 6, 2008

McCain's Health Policy: A welfare program for the health insurance industry

John McCain hasn't a clue as to the cost of private health insurance.  

Why?  Because, never in his life, has he had to pay for health insurance.  He was a military dependent which means his parents never paid a dime for health care since they were covered by the Navy.  McCain spent 22 years in the Navy and never had to pay for health insurance because the Navy picked up the tab.  Now, as a member of the Senate, he enjoys the best health care coverage of all.

He fails to understand the expense of private health insurance, but I know what it costs.  If I want to cover my family with a private policy with a $5,000 deductible, it would cost me $700 a month. That's $8,400 annually.  That's as much as I pay for my mortgage.

McCain says he would make a $5,000 tax credit available to offset the cost of health insurance premiums.  Unfortunately, that doesn't help me or anyone else through the course of the year, and the $5,000 would go directly to his good friends in the health insurance industry.  

McCain just doesn't get.  He is out of touch with the working middle class.

Obama, like a new broom will sweep clean.

No comments: